Brave Waves: Havens of the Light
The poetry of Tagore set to eclectic instrumentation including bagpipes, bass guitar, and tabla.
Singer-songwriter Joe McDonald is perhaps better known in Vancouver as a bagpiper for hire and a liturgical musician, but his love of poetry combined with his effervescent positive attitude provide the platform for Havens of the Light.
Joining him are Chris on bass guitar and drums, and Neelamjit Dhillon on tabla, sitar, alto saxophone, and flute. The bagpipes are featured on “Gung Haggis Fat Choy,” a theme song to accompany a popular multicultural event hosted by Vancouver’s Todd Wong around the Lunar New Year and Robbie Burns Day.
World music, new-age contemplation, and earnest words characterize this album.
PERSONNEL: Joe McDonald: voice, bagpipes, keyboards, spoons, and harmonica; Neel Dhillon: tabla, sitar, alto saxophone, flute; Chris Trinidad: bass guitar, drum set
GENRES: World Fusion, Singer-Songwriter
INFLUENCES: Singer-songwriter music mixed with piano, bagpipes, tabla, and bass guitar!
RELEASE YEAR: 2003
ALBUM CODE: IRK 2003 02
- A Fine Thing It Turned Out To Be Brave Waves 0:30
- One Tear Brave Waves 0:30
- Joy Love Brave Waves 0:30
- Fool of Love Brave Waves 0:30
- If Eternity Had The Time Brave Waves 0:30
- Sea of Nectar Brave Waves 0:30
- Dynamo Brave Waves 0:30
- Havens of the Light Brave Waves 0:30
- My Mind, My Soul, and My Life Brave Waves 0:30
- I Want To Thank You Brave Waves 0:30
- Gung Haggis Fat Choy Brave Waves 0:30