Dramatic Adrift: Catharsis Theory
Inspired by Canadian alternative pop-rock of the late ’90s and early 2000s.
The sophomore effort from this group features Chris taking the drumming and keyboard chair, while Jon learns how to play bass guitar and sing simultaneously. Ras Contractor provided lead guitars.
All three loved harmony singing, and unusual song forms, and these became hallmarks of the group’s songs. A collaborative effort, this album shows an evolution in the group’s sound. Jon penned all of the lyrics, Ras provided arrangement ideas, and Chris shaped the overall sound with his production skills.
How much sound can a rock trio make? Find out by picking up a copy of this album.
PERSONNEL: Jon Leeson: voice, bass guitar; Ras Contractor: voice, guitars; Chris Trinidad: voice, drum set, keyboards
GENRES: Neo Progressive Rock; Album Oriented Rock
INFLUENCES: Rush; Live; The Police; The Smashing Pumpkins; Radiohead
RELEASE YEAR: 2003
ALBUM CODE: IRK 2003 01
- Standing Room Dramatic Adrift 0:30
- Conflicting Pictures Dramatic Adrift 0:30
- Too Many Times Dramatic Adrift 0:30
- Speaking in Riddles Dramatic Adrift 0:30
- Reliving The Moment Dramatic Adrift 0:30
- The Best Thing Dramatic Adrift 0:30
- Eye of the Storm Dramatic Adrift 0:30
- Walking Along Dramatic Adrift 0:30
- Drowning Dramatic Adrift 0:30
- Passing Time Dramatic Adrift 0:30